Physician, Whole Then Heal Thyself
This experiential program addresses the deficits in wholeness related to our narrow information and skill-based education and training. It is entitled Physician, Whole Then Heal Thyself and is a 5 day intensive and experiential exploration of our human psyches as unique expressions of the universal forces and patterns of wilderness and nature. Our “wilder” minds possess astonishing resources, untapped potentials and depths that we might not even know exist until we discover how to access them, cultivate their powers, and eventually integrate them into our everyday lives. In this intensive, we’ll access these depths and potentials — which we call the four facets of the Self, or the four dimensions of our wilder human wholeness.
We will, specifically, explore, discover, and consciously cultivate the following:
- the Nurturing and Generative Adult who embodies deep heart-centered thinking and leads us to our deepest Healing, Teaching, Leading, and Mentoring
- the Wild Indigenous One who embodies mature and embodied emotionality.
- the Innocent Sage whose gifts of full-presence sensing allow us to become wise, clear-minded, and light-hearted so we can see the big picture and embrace paradox.
- the Muse/Beloved whose gifts are the imaginative, idealistic, visionary, who can bring forth the never before seen, clearly something needed in our age.
We also explore the four sets of fragmented or wounded sub-personalities that form during childhood. These are the sub personalities that interfere with our ability to be the healers we desire to be and are commonly found in our everyday interactions.
Specifically, we will also get to know how to identify the personalities that supported us in childhood and adolescence but ultimately became barriers to our full and authentic humanity.
- the many faces of the Loyal Soldiers that act to keep us small or one-dimensional.
- the various faces of our Wounded Children who use emotion-filled strategies to embody the Victim, the harmless Conformist, the coercive or aggressive Rebel, and the arrogance of the condescending Prince/Princess.
- the Escapist and Addict part of our selves that sidestep distressing challenges and responsibilities by addictions, compulsions, or delinquency.
- the Shadow Selves that keep us safe by hiding and repressing aspects of ourselves that are unacceptable to our egos, both the negative and the “golden” traits that we are meant to bring the world.
Rather than attempt to eliminate our sub-personalities (which is not possible) or to beat them into submission, we’ll cultivate the four facets of the Self and uncover the gifts of our sub-personalities. Our goal is to fully embody our multifaceted “wilder”minds, commit ourselves to the largest, soul-infused story we’re capable of living, and serve the greater Earth community.
We will participate in practices and guidelines for cultivating relationships between the Self and your sub-personalities, enabling you to heal your sub-personalities, discover their gifts, and foster Self-actualization.
We will discover how each facet of the Self provides essential resources for the underworld journey (the descent to soul), its radical transformation of personal identity, and for living as a visionary artisan of cultural evolution.
We’ll explore the landscape of the psyche through a variety of practices, including creative expression, self-designed ceremony, solo exercises while wandering on the land, group work, movement, voice dialogue, journaling, and deep imagery work.
We will be employing the Nature Based Map of the Psyche adapted for the Healthcare Practitioner.
MOVE FROM FRAGMENTATION: STRIDE TOWARD WHOLENESS:
Fragmented North Whole Faceted North
Overworked, Uninspired, Burnt-out Nurturing, Generative Physician
Fragmented East Whole Faceted East
Addicted to Work, Substances, Materialism Present Centered Innocent Wisdom:
Fragmented South Whole Faceted South
Disruptive and Acting Out The Emotionally and Bodily Connected Healer
Fragmented West Whole Faceted West
Boundary Violations and Transgressions The Deeply Imaginative and Inspired Healer