- This event has passed.
A Step In To Your Wild Wholeness: Santa Fe, NM (Creativity and Madness)
August 3 @ 5:00 pm - August 5 @ 3:00 pm
Cost: $300 for Program and Food. Lodging is $30-65 per night. Total program cost is $360 – 430 depending on room choice.
Guide: Brian Stafford, MD, MPH & Adrienne Panter, LPC, Psy.D.
Limit: 24 participants
Includes: Retreat Center and Exquisite Organic Meals
Venue: Synergia Ranch Retreat Center
“This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The American Institute of Medical Education and Wilderness IS Medicine. The American Institute of Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
This program has applied for 10 CME credits through AIMED.
A Step into Your Wild Wholeness: Nature-based resiliency for your ‘Self’ and your patients
Post- conference Program: August 3rd (3pm) – August 5th (1pm). Program starts at 3pm on the 3rd.
Creativity and Madness Conference Dates: July 30th – August 3rd. Conference ends at 11 am on the 3rd.
Location: Synergia Retreat Center: Located 40 minutes south of Santa Fe and 30 minutes east of Albuquerque International Airport.
Enrollment: Limited to 24 individuals
Lodging: Retreat Center and 160 acres of wild juniper and scrub high desert.
Includes: Exquisite organic meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners
Program Content: This 3-day experiential program addresses the deficits in wholeness related to our narrow information and skill-based education and training, and is a 3-day intensive and experiential exploration of our human psyches as unique expressions of the universal forces and patterns of wilderness and nature. Our “wilder” minds possess astonishing resources, untapped potentials and depths that we might not even know exist until we discover how to access them, cultivate their powers, and eventually integrate them into our everyday lives.
- In this intensive, we’ll access these depths and potentials — which we call the four facets of the Healer’s Self, or the four dimensions of our wilder human wholeness.
- In addition, we will also learn how to invite our patients to access these facets of wholeness.
- We’ll explore the landscape of the psyche through a variety of practices, including solo exercises while on nature wanders, creative expression, self-designed ceremony, group work, movement, voice dialogue, journaling, and deep imagery work.
We will, specifically, explore, discover, and consciously cultivate the following wild, whole healer archetypes employing the Nature Based Map of the Psyche adapted for the Healthcare Practitioner.
1) the Nurturing and Generative Healer who embodies deep heart-centered thinking and leads us to our deepest Healing, Teaching, Research, Leadership, Activism, and Mentoring.
2) the Wild Indigenous Healer who know she fully belongs to earth and knows through her embodied emotion.
3) the Innocent/Sage/Trickster Healer whose gifts of full-presence sensing allow us to become wise, clear-minded, and light-hearted so we can see the big picture and embrace paradox, for ourselves, our patients, our profession and the state of the world.
4)the Muse/Beloved whose gifts arise from dream and the deep imagination and whose imaginative, idealistic, and visionary energy brings forth the never before seen, clearly something needed in our age.
We will discover how each facet of the Self provides essential resources for the modern day medical professional as well as for our patients.
MOVE FROM FRAGMENTATION: STRIDE TOWARD WHOLENESS:
Fragmented North; Overworked, Uninspired, Burnt-out ——> Whole Faceted North Nurturing, Generative Physician
Fragmented East: Addicted to Work, Substances, Materialism ——> Whole Faceted East: Present Centered Innocent Wisdom:
Fragmented South: Wounded, Disruptive and Acting Out ——> Whole Faceted South: The Emotionally & Bodily Connected Healer
Fragmented West : Boundary Violations and Transgressions ——> Whole Faceted West: The Deeply Imaginative & Inspired Healer
The Creativity and Madness Conference concludes at 11am on August 3rd.
Start Date: August 3rd: 3pm Concludes: August 5th, 1 pm
Cost: $360-430. for 3 days – includes 2 dinners, 2 lunches, and 2 breakfasts; and lodging.