- This event has passed.
A Step In To Your Wild Wholeness – Sierra Nevada
May 29 - June 1$400
Guide: Brian Stafford, MD, MPH
Limit: 12 participants
Includes: Camping, and Organic Meals
Venue: Camping – In conjunction with the Sierra Nevada Conservation & Wilderness Medicine Conference 1.5 hour drive from Reno, NV
In Coordination with the Sierra Nevada Conservation & Wilderness Medicine Conference
Pre-conference Program: May 30th – June 1st, 2018 Conference Dates: June 1st -3rd
Location: Feather River College, Quincy, Ca
A Step into Your Wild Wholeness: Nature-based resiliency for your ‘Self’ and your patients
Enrollment: Limited to 12 individuals
Lodging: Camping (included) or local on your own
Includes 2 breakfast and dinners
This 2-day experiential program addresses the deficits in wholeness related to our narrow information and skill-based education and training, and is a 2-day intensive and experiential exploration of our human psyches as unique expressions of the universal forces and patterns of wilderness and nature. Our “wilder” minds possess astonishing resources, untapped potentials and depths that we might not even know exist until we discover how to access them, cultivate their powers, and eventually integrate them into our everyday lives.
- In this intensive, we’ll access these depths and potentials — which we call the four facets of the Healer’s Self, or the four dimensions of our wilder human wholeness.
- In addition, we will also learn how to invite our patients to access these facets of wholeness.
- We’ll explore the landscape of the psyche through a variety of practices, including solo exercises while on nature wanders, creative expression, self-designed ceremony, group work, movement, voice dialogue, journaling, and deep imagery work.
We will, specifically, explore, discover, and consciously cultivate the following wild, whole healer archetypes employing the Nature Based Map of the Psyche adapted for the Healthcare Practitioner.
1) the Nurturing and Generative Healer who embodies deep heart-centered thinking and leads us to our deepest Healing, Teaching, Research, Leadership, Activism, and Mentoring.
2) the Wild Indigenous Healer who know she fully belongs to earth and knows through her embodied emotion.
3) the Innocent/Sage/Trickster healer whose gifts of full-presence sensing allow us to become wise, clear-minded, and light-hearted so we can see the big picture and embrace paradox, for ourselves, our patients, our profession and the state of the world.
4)the Muse/Beloved whose gifts arise from dream and the deep imagination and whose imaginative, idealistic, and visionary energy brings forth the never before seen, clearly something needed in our age.
We will discover how each facet of the Self provides essential resources for the modern day medical professional as well as for our patients.
MOVE FROM FRAGMENTATION: STRIDE TOWARD WHOLENESS:
Fragmented North; Overworked, Uninspired, Burnt-out ——> Whole Faceted North Nurturing, Generative Physician
Fragmented East: Addicted to Work, Substances, Materialism ——> Whole Faceted East: Present Centered Innocent Wisdom:
Fragmented South: Wounded, Disruptive and Acting Out ——>Whole Faceted South: The Emotionally & Bodily Connected Healer
Fragmented West : Boundary Violations and Transgressions ——> Whole Faceted West: The Deeply Imaginative & Inspired Healer
Start Date: May 30th: 1pm Concludes: June 1st, 1pm
Registration for SNCWMC begins at 1pm on June 1st
Cost: $400 for 2 days – includes 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts